Among Ectomorph people, they have a considerably weak metabolism and are seemed skinny in their lower legs. It has been related those weak legs are a sign of weak cardiovascular health. Calves compared to biceps also have to be maintained to gain some extra and healthy muscle mass in them. It has not been completely genetically proven that weak calves are something that has been run down through generation so that leaves us with the only option that we can build some extra muscles in the calves here are some of the tips to do so,
Exercises to be Performed
- Exercise is the only thing that helps to gain those perfect muscles in calves other than the food here are some effective exercise that somewhat promises to provide you with the healthy legs and calves,
- Standing Calf Raise: Calf raise exercises are nothing but the exercising methods on the tibialis posterior, gastrocnemius, Soleus muscles of the lower leg it is performed with the help of machines. Standing calf raises activate the two muscles that are from the back of the lower leg they are. The gastrocnemius and the soleus. Stronger calf muscles result in better stability and balance of the body.
- Seated Calf Raise: In this exercise, you don’t need a seated calf raise machine it can be easily done with dumbbells, resistance bands, and barbells it can also be performed with household items like Books, etc. It is simpler to do sit on a flat long bench with your back straight and thighs in front of you. NOW put the weights on your knee caps such that weight should be felt in your foot. To make it more difficult you can add the extra weight or start moving your leg muscles.
- Box Jumps: Box jumps is one of the most important exercises in jump training It helps to burn a lot of calories through heavy movements. This exercise also helps us to test our endurance, strength, and coordination. Not only that it helps you to build your calf muscles more properly and strongly. This exercise has to be done between you and a higher platform jumping up on the platform by slightly bending your body and relaxing it again when you reach your lower level. Perform this in repetitions for about 3 to 4 sets 5 of each.
- Dumbbell Jump Squat: Dumbbell jump squat is really difficult to perform but by performing this exercise we can completely train our Outer thighs, Quads, Glutes, Hamstrings, and calves. This is a type of exercise which includes dumbbell which are of different weights. Usually, for doing this exercise we choose the dumbbell which we feel much heavier most like 10-20% of our actual body weight we can also make use of Books or water jug to perform this exercise. Hold dumbbells in both of your hands and squat down in such a position that dumbbells touch the ground then suddenly sprung up or jump as high as you can with the dumbbells still in your hands.
- Long press Calf Raise: The long press exercise is a type of resistance training exercise that has been built to improve your leg muscles to a greater extent. It has to be done with the help of a long-press machine under the guidance of the gym trainer. More like in the sleeping position weight will be induced on your foot to which the foot has to provide a resistance that stretches the muscles of your thighs and calves.
Some of the Important Food Products that Help us to Build Healthy Muscles and Bones
- Food is an important aspect to build and strengthen our muscles and bones some of the food that helps us to build calf muscles are,
- Egg white: Yes, the albumin part of the egg is an important source for building the calf muscles. Not only the calf muscles but also to overall muscle gain in the body. It has been studied that 60-70% of the amino acids are present in egg white also it has a hidden treasure of protein, carbs, and healthy fats.
- Turkey Breast: Turkey or chicken breast acts as a great source of protein that it provides with a low content of fat. It has been suggested by many dieticians that consuming meat from chicken breasts increases the overall muscle mass of the body.
- Tuna: For a seafood lover it can be a boon that fishes such as tuna and salmon are great sources of proteins, carbs, and a low amount of fats. Not to mention its omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acid content which works as a natural supplement.
- Vegetables: Speaking about the food that provides proteins leafy vegetables as well has coloured vegetables cannot be missed out. Carrots, potatoes, Eggplant, spinach there is a wide variety of options from which we can choose. Eating these vegetables in a raw state or either roasted or boiled makes them 10 times healthier and taster to have. A bowl of salad is a must for a bodybuilder.
- Milk: When talking about important foods that help us to build muscles dairy products cannot be missed out but the limitation is that for building calf muscles skim milk acts the best. Other dairy products like cheese, butter, yogurt are a must to be considered not only proteins we do need some amount of fats too to have a cool body with muscles.
The main purpose of strengthing your calf muscles is to make them strong and to have a better balance of the body. Either to run a marathon or to go and get groceries we humans always should be wishing to walk the extra mile. Because legs work on our orders they move and work how we want them to. Take up a 20 minutes walk every day to ensure our leg stays fit and healthy.